Jibber Jabber


I would benefit unquestionably from access to "Talking Therapies" right now but with nanti handbag I'd be at the mercy of public provision, the luck of the draw and a minimum of three months waiting time. Meanwhile, my friends are taking the brunt of my ramblings- and writing this is a help.

Yesterday began to feel good without the strain of resisting the impulse to get in my car, drive to Head Office and bitch slap a couple of my perfect superiors. That calm was spoiled when I foolishly checked in my work email to see if there had been any acknowledgement of my sick leave- there wasn't but instead there was an example of the behaviour/attitude that prompts my murderous thoughts:

The summary is that a guy who bid the lowest to cut hedges and weed paths at the building I manage turns out not to be able to produce an invoice. I suspect if forced he might have managed something but he asked me if I could  do it for him. I was slightly peeved but only because getting this job arranged had already taken MONTHS due in large part to the unnecessary administration demanded by my betters. It is not at all unusual to be asked as a community development worker to draft invoices and other documents on behalf of community members working for the organisation. So, I took his details and made sure the invoice was submitted before I went 'sick'. The email that set my piss to boiling point was refusing to accept the invoice because it was recognised that I had drafted it. My response was immediate, explosive and unfettered. The reply some time later was disingenuous and mealy-mouthed bullshit. I began to draft a researched response about the legality of what had happened, but decided against it: Whatever I do or say now I KNOW nothing will be done until the last week of the month. I made it clear I would not contact the landscape guy and, should they delay his £850 payment I will cheerfully encourage him to seek legal satisfaction.

It made me remember that the worker adding to my nightmare left their previous employment under something of a cloud. They won some damages against their employer after the fact but, on reflection they probably thought it was money well-spent to be rid of them. In contrast my boss thinks this person is "perfect" which, IMHO says a lot about my boss.

I'm broke, my car needs an MOT test and a warning light has appeared on the dash- all of which is a shame as I had been invited to stay with a Lauriestonian friend in Connisbrough this week end. It might have done me the world of good as they say.

I am behind on projects for my community interest company- mainly because I have been a conscientious employee (AKA dumbass) and spent huge amounts of time and energy researching and drafting project plans and funding applications for activities I'm not able to pursue -because my whole job is against charity law. If I had given into the temptation of doing the same work for my own company I would probably be in a position to tell my current employers to stick their "job" where the sun don't shine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre