Waiting!

I love working with other people and I absolutely hate it too!

I love it when I get people together who agree to do stuff but I get twitchy when they're late and I remember that everyone's doing everything "at risk" unless I'm fortunate-enough to have cash with which to bribe them! Yesterday I completed my proposal for our new proposed Main Project- I'm really pleased with it and very excited to submit it, but it would be a mistake not to share it with my colleagues- they're a great bunch when I can get their attention! I have always to remember that they're not as committed to the company as I am: they joined as a favour to me initially and though they've all benefited from it at some time in the last five years... except Wayne who we all forgot was on the Board -including him lol I can't expect anything from them really. So, I get into waiting for responses and starting other things and forgetting that I'm waiting (I'd get annoyed and stressed otherwise) until I'm either pleasantly surprised by an out-of-the-blue response or I have to send a reminder.

I want to get back into writing: you can create in isolation; bliss! Ironically: all this planning and funding admin stuff has taken time from my creative writing; I have to be responsible and set up stuff that is likely to save my financial ass when my cash runs out next month. I've started calling in "loans" and have had some little success, though I'll have to wait until payday to see whether promises become realities. The worst part is that my biggest debtor is my brother who pissed away £85K in six month before conning another £5K out of me. I suspect that even if he won the lottery I'd be whistling in the wind for a repayment.

I am so looking forward to going away with the Faeries next week! Ten days of escapism with a load of queer hippie-types in a thirteenth century castle is what the doctor ordered! I'm frightened of 'jinxing' it but before previous visits I've either been ill or incredibly stressed by trying to get work responsibilities sorted before I left. At the moment I feel pretty relaxed, though there's a bit of a schoolboy excitement building in my chest when I think about it and no cold, sniffles, sore throat, aches or other ailments I've taken to the castle in the past. Although I will be with around 60 people I am really looking forward to some S level chilling with the occasional drum circle, lots of chats and a walk or two. I'll be chauffeuring three people on Monday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Gyre