Car Thieves! (not)

Yesterday was great! Really into "The Swing, Man" and having fun. Yer Main Man was sick, seems like he's exhausted which a testimony both to the amount of energy that goes into creating space like this and the particular dedication of the powerhouse of the Faeries. 

We had an "Orientation Circle", which was useful and I think got participants a bit more aligned and attuned to each other. It was ironic to note the absence of at least two people with whom I'd shared some energised discussions about their thirst for "Revolution at any cost!" as "The Only Way!", one of whom, completely mystifyingly to me, jokingly(?) railed against the "hierarchy in charge" [of the gathering] with their "imposed rules" [ROFLMAO!] and that "we" (??!!) should organise a coup.

Now, this person is a "Veteran" (his word) of "Newbury" and [I forgot the others] and has ten rants for every conceivable issue with a coverall response to them all: Revolution! Incidentally: he also railed against "The Work Ethic"- which reminded me that I was on bog-cleaning duty so I didn't catch the end of that one- it is something to do with the need for work to be "rationed" in order to "force", "them" to stop making all this shit just for the sake of maintaining "manufacturing" in order to create unnecessary jobs! "People shouldn't have to work!"

I AM as angry and frustrated as "The Revolutionists" but as much as I am desperately hoping for change I eye the prospect of actual "REVOLUTION" with horror and fear. Almost all "revolutions" have been bloody and horrible. If it is possible to achieve fundamental change in non-violent- but equally effective and sustainable ways, PLEASE let's look for it first. I am just not convinced that there is real proof that there's no alternative. 

I see things like Faery Gatherings, Queer Spirit Festival, ECC London Gay Men's Chorus etc etc etc as manifestations of groups of queer people in the case of the things listed above but all sorts of people in little pockets all over the world are creating new realities, some as fleeting as a week end or maybe a couple of weeks, some coming together for "seasons". some living full time as "communities". I DO want to change the world- or rather... I want to be part of the change in the world. I can easily envisage more and more outposts of real community popping up with more frequency in more places as what is happening- certainly in UK continues to slope towards its all too worrisome conclusion. I do not wan to live in a society where people actually stop caring about each other completely and look out only for themselves. I LOVE to achieve and succeed but I love it 100 times more if I can share it...  [regular theme in this writing lol]

It was a great night- there was drumming and much chilled behaviour. I went to my room at the front of the castle to take my drugz (!) and heard regional accents down in the forecourt where our cars are parked. There are only two people from the region at the gathering and I knew it was neither of them. As I looked through the window I saw someone's face lit up as a car door opened and heard something like "Come on, Quick!". I rushed downstairs and poked my head into the smoking cave to shout "Someone's stealing the cars!" as I opened the front door and a car rushed past throwing up gravel in its wake. In the end, no cars were reported stolen. We think it was locals on a bit of a dare! The castle is known for all sorts of raves and events. They probably knew it was queers here and thought they'd catch an eyeball of our "lewd practices". They'd probably been looking through the window into the smoking cave where they would have seen people draped around on dilapidated armchairs and sofas draped in all sorts of glittering and soft materials about a dozen people playing drums, oh; and a naked Canadian nudist. -Just an everyday story of faerie folk! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre