Recovery

Its just as well I am not returning to work today as I am nowhere near back to 'full strength' not to mention coughing and sniffling regularly. This cold is sapping my energy and I should buy shares in tissue paper!

Its a little disappointing, but not surprising that not much has changed on the home front: one lodger has been home alone with the cat for much of the time and couldn't even bring himself to clean the toilet that only he was using let alone more than cursory "cleaning" and four days after returning, I have had no contact from the other one, who owes me money and I feel is treating me with disrespect. When he does show his face- usually on a Wednesday when he get's access to his daughter, I will ask him exactly what HE thinks is going on here. Any trust has evaporated and I need to take steps to protect my property and security. It is so sad when supposed friends seem to mistake generosity or disinterest in financial gain for weakness. It is one of the triggers for me to become uncontrollably angry. I would prefer to avoid that if possible.

It has been a mildly frustrating start for me as I have spent much of the day looking for a bloody card-reader for my bank so that I coul pay some bills- starting with the Albion Faeries. There was the bonus of actually improving the organisation of a lot of papers. My passport has disappeared, -which is odd. It has lived in a particular place for a long time, I don't remember moving it, but when I looked for it before I went to the gathering, it wasn't there. Of course I searched for the passport while I was looking for the card-reader and I am at a loss regarding its whereabouts.

My priority is reviewing responses from my Co Directors to the draft Cowgate EOI, to redraft and submit it. I'll also check out some jobs just in case there is some amazing opportunity that I would kick myself for not having applied to: I've signed on for Universal Credit, I will have to present evidence of what I've done to find work... I wonder how they'll view raising funds to support the cic... -Probably contemptuously! I remember being told by a job shop operative that the minimum wage I'd put down on a form was "unrealistic" because it was more than she was being paid. I asked for another worker, The minimum I requested was a £17,000 drop from my previous job. I explained that I was an experienced CEO, not a junior admin worker. Whilst not being motivated by money, I know how much I need to get by and have a teense of luxury!

Oh! I watched a documentary celebrating 50 years of the Roundhouse. I was annoyed that there was exploration of successive attempts, short-lived successes and mistakes, but its time as a Black Arts Centre, which left deep scars in the national black arts community, was dismissed with a single caption. It made me wonder who was being protected; the public story is of mismanagement and prejudice within the minority ethnic communities supposedly outraged that the first Artistic Director was an African called Remy Kapo. When I was working for Black Theatre Forum I found an alternative story where the Arse Council never trusted the administration to the point where the Artistic Director wasn't a signatory on the bank account and that ANY spending had to be co-signed by the Arse Council and Camden Council- the cheque book was ferried around the city by taxi. Is it any wonder it failed? But very cleverly, the Arse Council in particular avoided most of the blame and the debacle added to their proposition that Black People Can't Manage against which I have fought (and lost) over and again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre