Laurieston Day Two



The nominal theme of the week is "Restoring Your Creative Balance" which has complicated connotations for me...

"Peaks and troughs" has been my experience so far! Struggling to find the balance between “being myself” and inflicting that self on others. I have a fundamental fear of boring people. I avoid people who bore me and the thought of being that person in anyone’s life makes me shudder.

I came to the Billiard Room to write these notes after sitting next to someone in the hall speaking LOUDLY to someone else in a tone I judged (!) to be superior and laced with snide about the way this event has so many “rules” etc in comparison with spending time in a villa in Portugal for part of the summer with 6 or 7 other people and sharing costs.
Its OK to be a LITTLE bit of a dick from time to time! -Better than calling someone out on their ignorance and misplaced arrogance in front of the person they were trying to impress. I just gathered up my stuff and slipped away. I could hear continued pontifications from my comfy perch in the BR but it soon passed. I realise too that I have been on more than one event with the person talking but still don't even know his name. He is someone who can't return my gaze and I really haven't got time for people who are afraid of me for no reason, I get enough of that in my ordinary life.

I have mentioned to David and Stephen that I am RIPE to consider joining the Laurieston community if an opening is/becomes available and they’d consider me. I’ve been thinking a lot about having to job hunt again after an expectation that the job I've been doing for the last 18 months was going to be my last contracted job before retiring to reflect on my legacy (LOL). I have been beginning to imagine a life funded by securing fees for writing funding applications and the like whilst securing rent from my house. I am contemplating moving out of the house and “going travelling” or in fact: staying with friendsin Europe- while I can!!! Joining the Laurieston community would be an amazing way for me to end my active days. This is in no way a new idea! I was hooked the first time I came and a few years later was part of a group who trekked the country looking for a property we could buy together and emulate the Laurieston People Centre model… That’s yet another story for another time.

If not Laurieston, perhaps Featherstone? I have a fantasy of driving over to the property and offering my management, administration, event management and fund-raising services in return for food and lodging!


It would be PERFECT to win big on the lottery LOL. After coming back from a holiday taking in the places I want to see and can still get to without undue danger, I would renew the previous property safari till I found somewhere big enough to create the People Centre we planned 25 years ago in a location that will be secure and sustainable for at least 100 years!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre