Wordpress BOO!

LOL

I fell foul of Wordpress with my first blog. After about five months of collating information I was using to base writing about what I was seeing in international news about LGBT people, the blog was suspended for "scraping": copying articles from other places- despite full disclosure of origin etc AND the fact that I was sharing the information with a small group of people and only as a first stage in writing commentary on what I identified as "trends". Wordpress not only suspended the blog but have ignored my requests to have access to all the information I have amassed so that I would not lose all that work. I don't begrudge them taking the blog offline -I admit I didn't read all the terms and conditions (come on- who really does?), but I'm pissed that they won't let me get the information I had so carefully researched for so long.

SO...

I have a keen interest in the lives of LGBT people around the world, particularly as I realise how privaleged my life is here in UK by comparison: I am "known" to be Gay and experience little if any difficulties from that, I am protected by laws and have earned the respect of peers for my abilities and achievements rather than being defined by my sexuality. I am horrified by what I read in other countries- Uganda especially at the moment, but consider that there are nearly 80 countries where to be anything but heterosexual is illegal and where LGBT people face anything from state-sanctioned harrassment to capital sentences.

I am often critical of religions that use dogma as an excuse to act on bigotries. I do believe in "the divine", but I do not believe in some old white geezer with a long beard floating about in Cloud City! The reality must be more complicated than the bonze age codex known as "The Bible".

So: I intend to STORE articles of interest here TEMPORARILY as I develop my main writing project. I will be at pains to ensure that anyone who looks at the work will be able to find the original piece in its original context but I do not expect mass participation or partcular interest in my blog.

I hope sincerely not to fall foul of any rules here and that anyone who objects to the presentation of their work in this blog will simply contact me.

Wildeman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre