Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

It's hard dealing with the lack of communication let alone discussion of my Godson's immediate future. Its hard not to view my part in his recent past as a failure. The point is that it is over and I need to move on whilst there is still some relationship left between us. I'm getting quite 'Zen' in covering my frustrations with calm. 

My Godson has always been unwaveringly CERTAIN of any decision concerning his learning that was opposed to mine. He was SURE that the scant attention he gave to his studies would at least yield passes. He dismissed my protestations that higher grades offered greater prospects as irrelevant. In exasperation I finally reminded him and his father that he was here to go to school and that when that ended he would leave my home.

His school career recently ended when he did not secure the grades to enrol into the final year. My Godson is and always has been capable of cruising through a standard UK education, but it wasn't important to him. I found myself thinking he was fulfilling an obligation to the adults making decisions about him at 13 -even though he agreed with them: He was in danger of being bullied in the school to which he was about to graduate having been bullied when he was a foreigner when he was six. It was suggested he came back to UK to go to school and live with me and he agreed. But for my Godson, that solution was less about academic achievement than it was about being able to take it comparatively easy- certainly less stressful time than being bullied by Basques.

...Resourceful when you think about it.

He'll probably be gutted. He has been seeing a young lady who lives about 13 miles north of here. He will be moving over 350 miles in the opposite direction. I think she is his first- NOT that I think there's been any of THAT sort of thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waiting!

Gyre