Unimpressed!

I am already unimpressed with the SW assigned to my charge. As a Black man, I do not say lightly that it appears there are two obvious reasons why this Black woman has her job!

She is the sort of 'worker' who does no more than she thinks is necessary so, sending an email to someone last Wednesday was, as far as she was concerned, all she had to do to expect that thing to be done. She did not bother to find out that the person to whom she had sent the message was not at work until today. Of course, I dealt with the issue, but when I contacted her to ensure i would not have the same problem for the rest of the week, all she did was tell me what she had done. I told her that I was uninterested in the administrative workings of her department, just that it had failed. I asked her to take responsibility for addressing the problem and contacting me when she had done it. All I managed to get from her was a commitment to copy me into a message she sent to the person to whom she had sent the previous message.

Luckily, I have other contacts in the service, none of whom were in the least bit surprised when they heard with whom I had been dealing. My foster kid's previous carers were similarly unimpressed but struggled not to be too explicit. It took me MINUTES of speaking with this person to understand what the foster carers were trying not to say. It bothers me deeply when Black people hold positions they're not properly fulfilling- especially in Public Sector situations: too often, people are too scared of getting an accusation of racism that they just put up with poor service. In this case, the young people are not getting what they need and their carers are being unnecessarily stressed.

HOPEFULLY, things will be sorted from tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've just been told that something HAS been organised for the rest of the week, but (lol) I'll believe it when I see it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre