Week One Done!

OK, we're getting used to each other and finding a routine. Highlights (or perhaps that should be 'lowlights') of this week centred on taxis. I paid for the first day but had a fright when the car was late and the despatcher told me i hadn't ordered it! Things were sorted on Tuesday and ran smoothly for the next couple of days. On Friday, the expected driver didn't show up and could not be found by the company! The lad was 30 mins late for school.

I remain concerned that he is so insecure that he will say what he thinks I need to hear whch is irritating. He has been a typical fourteen-year-old in other ways- asking to go out on his bicycle at inappropriate times- with him not having a 'phone I am more reluctant than I would be otherwise. When I DID say "yes", he was back in less than twenty minutes, beaten by the cold which he said wouldn't matter.

Mick came over on Thursday as usual and it was clear we're going to have to make some changes as it got a little uncomfortable for a while. The lad was overheard by a teacher saying he was going to be consigned to his room all night which was never going to be the case! The school called me- but I was impressed by the level of support and appreciated their call. We decided not to meet at the weekend for the time being until the lad has settled in.

I got a lot more information about him from SS and NSPCC. There have been some 'red flags' raised in the past... I'm not sure they would have caused me the outrage they seem to have given previous carers, but I am adamant that he won't be carrying the attendant stigma any longer than necessary. However, I do have to take his internet access seriously and regulate it.

Richard came over on Friday. He's going through 'stuff' at the moment. we played board games as a way of having come communion without space for him to talk around in circles about what is happening to him at the moment. -That is not about me not being interested- I have already had several long conversations where I tried to observe, absorb and advise, the point of the meet was to stop the thinking and talking.

The weekend was a little underwhelming partially because I have to work up to trolling around the town, but mainly because I am short of cash at the moment- hopefully I will be paid next Thursday.

I upgraded my Virgin Media services. The TV is completely better, but there is no discernable change to the Broadband yet the charges have MORE THAN DOUBLED!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre