Getting Sorted

As much as I like "new starts" they're only valid if I've sorted out what went before. Once I gave up the time-wasting notion of proving to my 'boss' that I had at least informed him of everything I'd done in my last job BEFORE actually doing it I realised there were more important things. After all: it WAS my decision to leave; they'd have happily put up with me whilst things were on the up AND there are a couple of projects I hope to go back to complete as an 'independent' so it would have been foolish to antagonise.

It weighs heavily on me that I won't be replaced but that one of the supervisors will be expected to take on most of my responsibilities. I am concerned that the employers will take advantage of her mild manner. I have encouraged her to get the union involved to fight on her behalf. For my part; I tried to make sure there were no 'loose ends' for her to deal with by the time I handed back my keys etc. 

Filing and reorganisation have been my Garden Leave themes: I have gone through every place where I have tried to hide from myself  papers relating to bills etc and faced them for the first time in two years now that I have some minor means to address them. I have thrown away worrying amounts of paper so I fully expect to be asked for something I've destroyed any day now which is what usually happens after one of these clear-outs.

Of course; the Engine Shed project is winding down and my friend is finally doing what I've begged him to for the last couple of years; rationalising what's in the building, burning stuff with no value and flogging everything else as quickly as possible. I've taken responsibility fort the Apiary equipment, hives etc as well as a load of pallet-wood furniture. I've had to reorganise cupboards and rooms... It has been quite therapeutic!

I've submitted some job applications but none of them have excited me enough to even remember what they are now! In reality I know I don't want to work for anyone else. I have said this so many times, but it is getting silly: the successes I achieved in my last job were only possible by ignoring the rules. Whilst that was acknowledged privately when things were going well, should anything go wrong it was clear I would have been hung out to dry. I would much prefer to come up with a way of earning my own income now that the Engine Shed won't be happening.

There is scope for the poultry project and management of the woodlands to continue but it is scuppered by not being able to communicate by email with the people who would be doing the work who clearly don't understand the work I do and so will ignore requests for info etc until I get shirty.

Then there is the writing... The total beauty of writing is that it is one of the few things I do that doesn't require a second person to complete it... That's exciting.

I have until the end of September; about 6 weeks, to sort out an income.

<gulp>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre