We nearly broke the cat!

One of my lodgers is finally in work for the first time in many years. He's got 'spare' cash for the first time in years and is experiencing the same as I did once thousands of pounds made it into my bank account after the sale of my mother's house in 2011: "yes I got cash, but I'm not paying that much for THAT!" Thwarted from his aim to buy himself something nice, he spotted a little cat hutch-type/bed thingy which he thought our mog would like.

When he got home with it, I warned him that the cat was likely to sit NEAR it and wonder where the giant cushion to which he had grown accustomed had gone. It was amusing to watch the lodger all-but stuff the bemused feline into the present he had bought for it. We tried rubbing the cat's cheeks and using the cloth to smear his scent inside the structure- I'd seen that work on TV! -but the cat was unimpressed. The lodger was cursing darkly as we were laughing at him until he remembered the catnip. Having seen how 'loopy' the cat had been when he stumbled on the smallest amount of catnip on the floor when the ancient bottle of the stuff was knocked off a shelf recently, I was a little concerned. A small amount was sprinkled inside the covered cat-bed structure. Once the cat discovered this 'narcotic' he went quite loopy again- it was like watching eels in a jar or something as he rolled around getting himself covered in catnip and got into licking things. His eyes were huge and he looked well-stoned. About an hour or so later he seemed exhausted and fell asleep.

For a while there, I thought we'd lost him! At least he likes his little tent/bed/thingy and the lodger doesn't hate him any more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre