Bubble burst AGAIN! (LOL)

The friend/bubble-mate with whom I fell out some time ago has now fallen out with our other friend so is not coming to our green day gatherings. It is interesting as the week before this latest 'crisisette' they acted oddly in my opinion right from the moment they arrived. -Strangely demanding I mean more than usual and as dismissive as a feudal ruler. I found it so odd that I was quiet for most of the visit. -'the problem with them' is that they live in a world in which they are rarely challenged by the people around them- family and friends. They have a reputation for explosive reactions that has taught most people that it is easier to pretend to give in to them rather than challenge their madness. Their own children rarely share anything of import with them because they can never count on them to respond like an average adult might. The precipitation of this latest issue comes from our friend's regular visit to their home most Tuesdays. It is an expected and habitual 'date' but they're rarely up and out of bed when our friend arrives. Our friend has talked about it regularly stating discomfort at visiting people in their bedrooms in addition to the fact that they spend far too much time in bed which is bad for them...

...OK so it it relevant that they have a chronic illness and are taking lots of noxious pills, but it is also true that their condition would be alleviated by some minor changes to their behaviours.

In any case, our friend expressed frustration at again having to wake them up and to be met in their bedroom. This was greeted with vitriol and curses leading our friend to leave and for them to say they wouldn't be coming to future green days.

... My response was well, relief actually. I had been thinking about what I would do if there was a repeat of the last time I'd encountered them. I knew that whatever my response it would be presented as an attack by me but at the same time, I had decided that if they couldn't act in a reasonable way I really did not need to have them in my life. So the last couple of green days have been a lot more chilled and pleasant. I'm beginning to think about a couple of other people who might join in. It is a little shocking how easily someone with whom I have spent one day a week for the last few YEARS can be edited out so painlessly. I suppose that having seen each other so religiously for so long might be part of it, except that my relationship with the other friend is as strong as ever. We've heard that they are expecting an apology before they'll return, they will be waiting a LONG time for that to happen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre