Oh yeah; Birthday

There didn't seem to be much to celebrate! This feeling seems to intensify each year!! But, being STILL broke and out of work, achieving the age of 59, whilst an achievement of sorts, didn't warrant particular effort. I thought for a moment there might have been a reminder on Facebook, but there wasn't which was fine.

Luckily, my friend came round with supplies- and a jumper he claimed was too big for him. He didn't know it was my birthday so it became a de facto pressie!

Apart from the fact that I'm one lodger short at the moment and therefore my income has almost halved, life is settled into a fairly stressless if unexciting routine. The lodger is only here for half the week so I get lots of glorious time to myself. A big part of my day is looking and applying for jobs. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong so that I'm not being shortlisted. Is it my age? -My reputation? -My sexuality? Should I pretend to be something I'm not just to get a frikken interview? The one that PISSED ME OFF recently was not to have been shortlisted for a pretty basic "admin" job for a North East regional organisation I've served before for whom I successfully delivered an economic development proposal based on research with and involving regional agencies in Yorkshire and North West... I suppose they might have thought I wouldn't stick it out but that's surely something to ask at interview! It is hard not to be furious when I'm not shortlisted for jobs I KNOW I could do extremely well, in my spare time!

Hopefully, by next year i will have a job. This current situation is driving me more than a little potty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre