Home, sweet lodging house!

It has taken two weeks, but I finally feel comfortable that I have not made a mistake inviting my young lodger to stay in my house. Crunch came one night when, as I went to bed, I found myself picking up car keys and a couple of other items to hide them in my room. I was laying in bed unable to sleep so i got up, woke him up- he'd been sleeping on the sofa downstairs and told him that it was bloody obvious there were things he had been keeping from me and as a result I found myself filling in the gaps with all sorts of unpleasant potentials. That conversation ended amicably with him deciding it would be best for him to find his own place in Consett where he was heading when I met him. It was also obvious that he was not (just) getting over drug use, but that he is actually profoundly depressed. It is ironic that my friend who is THE artful dodger had suggested that the lad signed on and played the mental illness card. I of course dismissed this course of action but it is clear that the lad needs some time to level out, re-group etc before plunging into work. Having said that: he is conscientiously looking for jobs and has a couple about which he will enquire next week.

The next day; I came home to a much changed individual. I can see through most BS- I trained actors FFS, it was obvious he was really trying hard and, I realised for the first time since meeting him, I wanted to give him a hug- not that I did of course! I found myself telling him that I thought that going back the bad lads who'd got him into drugs and bother with the bizzies was not a good idea over staying in a new place where he can start again and where he will be safe... He is now going to stay.

I'd been getting a bit desperate about the whole lodger business- but the extra income would give me stability. Then, a friend contacted me asking if I still rented rooms because his relationship with his partner had broken down irrevocably although with minimum acrimony at least in the final stages. He is a musician, neat-freak who likes to cook, which is handy! He does like his drink and I know he can be a nightmare when drunk, but he claims not to do that at home. The good news is this week I will be able to give the creditors half the cash I owe them and the rest two weeks later.

I am looking forward to a full house and to being at home more to appreciate it. If all goes to plan, by the end of this year, because I will be working much more from home, I aim to get a puppy.  #littlethings
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre