Passing Grade

I'd give the first week in the new office for our community interest company C-! At one point I was so frustrated I wanted to KILL! Despite all the planning we weren't quite ready- the lack of internet access was the biggest blow; the 'landlords' won't have it installed for up to 6 weeks. I thought I'd be able to prepare at the office and send stuff via internet at home or a nearby cafe etc but my problems were compounded by my home computer being repaired but losing access to microsoft office and me being unable to find the product key and being confronted with the prospect of paying microsoft again- until I sorted that one out I wasn't able to do the work at home.

Part one of the solution came with purchasing a handy gizmo that creates my own personal mobile internet hotspot. My relief was palpable.

Another problem is our main establishment partner hasn't been returning calls, messages or texts. They're to get £1,000 for delivering 40 hours of training. We visited them a week before we moved into the offices and everything was apparently hunky-dory and we were expecting them to contact us to get the training started last week, but they have doggedly avoided us. I've worked for this organisation, albeit under a former ridiculously deluded and despotic leader who regularly treated other organisations with contempt similar to how this feels, perhaps there is residual 'stuff' remaining. -If there is a problem, why can't they communicate that with us, why the silent treatment?

We're a LITTLE behind on our publicity and promotional stuff- the printer also failed to contact us on receiving proofs for a job so I had to chase them. I find this more and more: people accept contracts they can't immediately honour knowing that whilst you're tied up in their "admin" you're not about to offer work to their competitors. Luckily; one of the SMEs moving into the same building with us is a printer and designer, so we will use them in future.

Ultimately I am really excited by what could come out of what we're doing which, despite its simplicity- if not because of it, is a new approach to community development with the potential for operational and financial success. I am highly motivated by those who actively wish me to fail, to succeed spectacularly- especially with the expert collaboration of my two colleagues and the enthusiastic support of a growing band of freelance associates.

Bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre