Holida-ay!

I'm a little worried about getting used to this holiday lark. Here I am in Menton with my old friend and father of my god daughter. He's concierge of an apartment building 200m from the beach and I've got a flat to myself which is cool. When I first came here, my friend was single, footloose and fancy-free, now he is a dad whose wife works six days a week so on top of his concierge duties he hardly gets a spare moment- not that he doesn't love it!

I usually get 'antsy' sitting about doing nothing, but its as if the recent tensions in my life are just seeping out of me as I troll around the town or just sit about catching the rays. Not that my recent troubles haven't been completely forgotten: I deleted all files relating to the failed experiment of my time in Blyth from my laptop, but had forgotten that I'd copied them to my tablet, I found myself re-reading the job description at a bar earlier and burst out laughing- clearly people will say anything when there's grant aid on offer.

I suppose I should do something constructive like take a trip to Monaco or Eze but... I'll get around to it lol I'm yawning at the thought of the 'effort' and its only 2pm. People here do tend to take a couple of hours off in the middle of the day- very sensible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre