Pianos and Painters

I don't work weekends at the Pride Cafe at the moment in deference to my role as Foster parent to my 14 year old godson. I missed a message from my colleague asking me to come to the cafe to help him deal with the delivery of a baby grand piano from storage- I was doing housework or some such.


It is a problem that things like this aren't planned. My colleague is a consummate bar manager, barman and host, but he doesn't "do" planning. What I call "fire fighting" he is used to as the way he works and it causes me stress! I had no idea the piano was going to be delivered - I wonder if its a good idea before completing the refurbishment and redecoration. I would have attempted to have a couple of people ready to help in advance, not send a last minute text message. At least it means that the choir Northern Proud Voices, will be able to start rehearsing at the Centre... or it will, once I've 'sourced' some chairs!


I met one of a group of student artists from Northumbria University on Friday. They have the ability to make the Pride Cafe community space look interesting and ready to use within a week in return for an exhibition and opportunities to return later in the year. I'm really keen to get this started as there are so many projects that are waiting to go into the space, I have several strands of ideas I want to offer and I need to start earning income NOW.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre