Road Trip Soundtrack

I am such an oldie! I like technology but I am not interested in more than using it, consequently; my understanding is often limited. 

I've been driving for almost a year and a half now and I enjoy it far too much for someone with an ache about the environment. Especially as my car is a diesel and they're really nasty polluters... Added to which, I have been told I don't give the engine enough of a workout so when I get the opportunity to hit the limits, I go for it. Unfortunately, and embarrassingly, bluish smoke sometimes emanates from the vehicle when I then stop at lights etc. I'm told not to worry about it because its not black smoke (!). 

But driving has been enhanced for me 100-fold after I whined at a house-mate how I wished I could use my spotify account in the car. "Use the bluetooth" he said. 

Stupid I felt.

But not for long as I have been buzzing about with my phone accessing my fave toonz and providing me with a head-bobbing mobile disco! 

I stick to the speed-limits. I am black after all, so I have taken to incorporating it as a discipline in my driving. It matters not a jot to me that "everyone" breaks the limit, given the choice of "everyone" doing it, odds are that I'D be THE one stopped. Anyway; I was tootling back from Leadgate yesterday when I began to be tailgated by some young-uns in a little black something-or-other. I became irritated and pulled over allowing them to pass then tailgated them for a bit. That was very amusing. Interestingly, when the speed limit changed to 60MPH, they were doing 45mph and wobbling around the road. I backed off, I think my point was made and anyway; a "sik" track by a band called Apparat boomed through the car and I was re-enblissed :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre