I PASSED!

I can hardly believe it! I passed my driving test!!!!

I only had two minor faults this time (you can have up to 15 and pass). I was concentrating so much I could feel beads of sweat rolling slowly down my face. I messed up the drive on your own bit- where they say "follow the signs to..." but I was concentrating so much on the road etc I missed the sign. Fortunately, my driving was better than my navigation.

I decided I wanted to celebrate so bunked off work early and encountered a friend at The Yard and downed a few pints with him. Someone with whom I worked last year until his ego left no space for partnership flounced in. Both my friend and me have no time for this individual but he had clearly decided it was time to forget the past or something so (in a weirdly aggressive way) he said "Hello" - with a sort of querying inflection, my friend and me managed a grunt in his general direction. -While I am being bitchy lol- I saw his ex-boyfriend a few days ago- once cute, now looks quite pneumatic! It pleased me as he had always fancied himself as a bit of a looker- even to the extent of pretending not to notice you in the street if he felt you were to far below him for acknowledgement that day.

I started to learn to drive when I was 20?? My mother sold me her car (for MUCH more than it was worth) using money inherited from my father in their complicated divorce settlement. I did learn to drive and was tootling (not exactly legally) around London and even up to Norwich a couple of times, thanks to the tuition of my friend Venti- But I was at university and the car was stolen- TWICE before I could take the test. The first time, from a multi story car park during an unseasonal down-pour that saw my flatmates and me trudging across the city in Hawaiian shirts after a night out at a club. We were driven the 9 miles home by a very tall policeman in a very small fiat! The second time the car was stolen, it was written off and as it was close to my finals anyway so I decided I'd do it later. In the event; I ended up back in London in a poorly paid job. I didn't need a car in London, but living up here surrounded by breathtaking countryside, it has irritated me not to have been able to hop in a motor and go look-see and public transport up here means that a 30 minute car journey could take 3 hours by train or bus.

I can't wait: buying a recently serviced, souped up 2 litre saloon car from a friend with a mechanic uncle, sorting out the insurance (which might be almost as much as the car for a newbie like me!) and then... I can't wait.

I am really grateful to my instructor Chris. He was so much better than the joker on whom I wasted a significant part of my redundancy money in 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre