Back in the Saddle!

In a bit of a fit of pique after a NEST meeting where the group refused to stand up against the Arse Council's actions and told me to "just let it go, Oscar" I reviewed a job prospect I'd previously dismissed because I thought that it would be inaccessible to me without a car. When I discovered I could get there in less time than it took me to commute to most of the jobs I had in London, I drafted an application and was really pleased to be invited to interview today.

The job's in Blyth- running The Phoenix Theatre. I got there early so I could have a look around the town. I had only heard bad things from Novo Castrians- but then they tend to say anywhere that isn't Newcastle is bad! It was a lovely day and... I really liked what I saw of the town. The theatre is MUCH more than I was expecting. I had a great interview- I liked the people and thought they liked me and what I said. On the way home I began to actually hope they'd say "yes" so it was a treat when they called and offered me the job!

Its paying a lot less than I'm used to, but it pays! In different circumstances I'd probably pay THEM for the opportunity! After so many years of supporting other people and making them look good, it will be really nice to lead a creative project again. I'm going to start in the middle of next month to give me time to finish one Community Hubs Network project and set up the next.

Happy days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bon Voyage, Mon Enfant!

Waiting!

Gyre